Program Options & Costs
Paid in Full
Includes Indiana-required permit paperwork, the online course, 6 hours of one-on-one driving instruction in our fully-insured vehicles, and the Indiana-required drive (road) test.
- Must be paid in full to access the permit paperwork and begin the online course (if at least age 15).
- Must be 100% complete with the online course and hold a valid Indiana permit to schedule drives with our instructors.
Please be sure to register the student prior to making a payment by registering here; click “Register” then complete the form with the student’s information. When you submit the form, you will be directed to our shopping cart; you may pay online, or call 812-402-7058 to make a debit/credit card payment over the phone.
Includes Indiana-required permit paperwork and the online course. Drive sessions and the final drive (road) test are NOT included with the $99 down payment.
- The $99.00 payment must be paid in full to obtain the BMV-required permit paperwork and to begin the online course.
- There is an additional fee of $300.00 for the State-required six hours of driving with our instructors; and you are welcome to make installment payments in any amount toward the driving portion by calling the office. No drives are scheduled until the $300.00 is paid in full AND the online program has been completed. The total cost for this option is $399.00 for the online course and six hours of driving.
- If you achieve the required 80% average on the six hours of driving, you are eligible to take the final drive (road) test in our vehicle for an additional fee of $35.00. You can also take the drive test for free at the BMV in your own vehicle.
Please be sure to register the student prior to making a payment by registering here; click “Register” then complete the form with the student’s information. When you submit the form, you will be directed to our shopping cart; you may pay online, or call us at 812-402-7058 to make a debit/credit card payment over the phone.
- The final drive (road) test is available only to students of Behind The Wheel Driving Academy.
- If you choose the Paid In Full Program, the drive test is already included in the $399 payment. If you choose the Payment Plan, there is an additional fee of $35 to do the drive test in our vehicle. You can also test for free at the BMV in your own vehicle.
- All students must achieve at least an 80% average throughout the six hours of driving to be eligible to do the drive test with us.
- Drive tests are conducted following the completion of the six hours of driving with our instructors.
If you have used an alternate online or classroom provider, Behind The Wheel may still be able to provide your driving instruction; you must provide a Certificate of Completion from the course prior to receiving a signed/dated CDE form (required to get a permit) and scheduling drives. We will pick you up from home or school and return you to your starting location – there is no extra charge for this service. Behind The Wheel Driving Academy reserves the right to limit the number of “driving only” students accepted within any county in our service area at any time.
$300.00 – Includes six, 1-hour drives ONLY for those that have already completed an alternate classroom/online course.
$75.00 – One, 1-hour evaluation drive to determine your current skill level and ability to pass the drive test for those with significant driving experience; we pick up for the evaluation drive.
$50.00 – A limited number of additional 1-hour drives may be scheduled for students who need extra instructional time to become proficient enough to pass the driving course and the State-required drive (road) test; additional drives are only available after the student has completed the initial six hours of driving and Behind The Wheel will make the determination if additional drives are necessary. Multiple additional drives may not be used for the purpose of completing the State-required 50-hour driving log.
Effective January 1, 2022, all drive sessions must be completed within two years of your enrollment date; any drives not completed within that timeframe will be subject to an additional charge of $50 per drive. Please contact the office if you have a special circumstance that prevents you from completing your drives in a timely manner.
To successfully complete driver education, the student must achieve an 80% average on both the online course and the six hours of driving; this is a State regulation that must be documented by the driving school.
Missed Drive Fee
When you reserve a driving appointment with a BTW instructor, you are making a commitment to drive during that hour; if you cancel at the last minute, we most likely will not be able to fill it with another student and the time slot will be wasted. Therefore, a $50 fee may be assessed if a scheduled drive is cancelled less than 24 hours in advance; or the student is not available at the specified location at the designated appointment time, declines to drive when the instructor arrives, or does not have the permit in hand (a picture of the permit is not sufficient.) Behind The Wheel reserves the right to suspend driving sessions until Missed Drive fees are paid. Please call the office as soon as possible to discuss special circumstances, such as unexpected illness or emergency.
Only students of Behind The Wheel Driving Academy may do the final drive (road) test with our instructors; we do not offer drive tests to the general public. Due to insurance restrictions, we cannot rent our driver education cars for drive tests done at the BMV.
A request for a refund must be made within 72 hours of payment being received by Behind The Wheel. No refunds will be made if the student has received the official State CDE form signed by Behind The Wheel or has already begun driving with a Behind The Wheel instructor. Refunds will not be issued because the student chooses not to complete a portion or all of the program. Enrollment is non-transferable once official paperwork has been issued.
Please call Behind The Wheel at 812-402-7058 if you have special circumstances regarding obtaining a permit or license.
Before You Purchase a Program
When you submit the registration form, you will be directed to select your program and make the payment. If you do not wish to pay online, please call 812-402-7058 after registering to make a secure debit/credit payment over the phone, or you can mail a check to 1033 E. Mount Pleasant Road, Ste, F, Evansville, IN 47725.